accessible-iOS Re: Saving Email Attachments on iPod was RE: Re: Song Express question

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 00:05:49 -0400

It's not possible. You can try to open the file in an app that can handle it,
but there is no way to import a media file into the media database of iOS, the
one the Music, Videos, and other Apple apps use. The only way to get media
there is with iTunes or a third-party solution.
On Jul 17, 2013, at 11:49 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think Wayne was asking if he could save emailed music attachments on his
> iPod. I've not been able to find a way to do this on my iPhone so I'm hoping
> others more knowledgeable on this list can chime in. Based on the iOS
> restrictions with handling files, I'm thinking this might not be possible.
>
> Alan Lemly

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx