[access-uk] Yellow Pages Online query

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:59:05 -0000

Hi List

I think I have now discovered what causes any telephone or mobile numbers not
to appear on the
www.yell.com
website when I do a search for the name of a business or category of business.
This is really bizarre, but if I go into Internet Explorer and type the website
address into the address bar, I can access the telephone numbers my search
yields.  Similarly, if I go into the saved website in my Favourites when
Internet Explorer is open, I can find the info I want.  But I have also got the
Favourites menu on my Start menu, and if I launch the Yellow Pages website from
there, thereby opening Internet Explorer, none of the phone numbers come up.

Now I know that's bizarre and frankly inexplicable in my book, but that's what
happens.  So while I now know I can access the information I want either by
going into Internet Explorer and typing in the direct URL, or doing so by my
Favourites menu when IE is open, I don't understand why it doesn't show any
phone numbers only when I enter the website by using the Favourites menu from
my Start menu, which is exactly the same.  Yes it seems completely stupid when
I read this back, but that's what happens.

Dare I ask why? (smile).  The good thing is that I can replicate it and know
what to do to get the info I want.  But I want to know why this happens.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace