[access-uk] Re: Vista's screen reader

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:06:03 +0100

Have a look at
http://www.nvda-project.org

but do remember that NBDA, good as it is, is still only alpha software, not
even beta.   I
think that it has a great future but it is still in the early stages of
development.

I have a copy on this system with a hot key set up so that I can launch it if,
for instance, Hal
stops speaking, but I would not like to have to rely on it for all
applications.
Of course it is far better than Narrator!

Supernova 8, which will probably become available this Summer, is claimed to
work well
with Vista, but i am not sure what you can do in the meantime.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison