[access-uk] Re: Victor Reader Stream - Again!!

  • From: <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 07:57:27 -0000

Hi Clive

One of the few advantages of hearing aids. Neck loops don't have any sound leakage problems at so I can have it as loud as I like and no-one but me knows it.

I went to a performance of King Lear at the the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-on-Avon and it was audio described but only with their headphones. I had to have it so loud Corin Redgrave, who was playing King Lear, complained and I was asked to leave. One of my claims to notoriety being bounced from the RSC. Not many of us have.

Roger

-----Original Message----- From: Clive Pallett
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 1:32 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Victor Reader Stream - Again!!

Hello Jackie,

Yes, the two voices for the UK firmware are Graham and Rachel.

Incidentally, as I am fed up with the warning about high listening volume when using headphones, I have switched to the North American firmware, and as that
gives you a higher volume level you can listen at a lower level which helps
prolong the battery life between charges. The two voices you get are Ryan and Heather. As with the UK firmware, I much prefer the female voice which has a
better pronunciation and is clearer to listen to.

Also, I haven't had the problem with podcast feeds being deleted as others
have reported. I understand HumanWare are aware of this and I would expect an
updated firmware release soon.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett