[access-uk] Re: Victor Reader Stream - Again!!

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 15:32:45 +0100

Hi Mandy

Yes I did, some time ago now.

The Stream and the Pocket offer full DAISY navigation, ability to play
Audible books, music and Internet radio.  But I personally think the new
generation VRS is quicker to connect to stations.  The Pocket is a much
superior recorder than the VRS.

But I prefer the Stream every time.  I like the menu voice, and can't abide
those terrible music tones the Pocket has that you can never get rid of
altogether.

I guess it is very subjective Mandy, everyone will have an opinion on what
is better or worse when comparing these things.  For me, the VRS is the best
of all the DAISY players, and if I wanted to do serious recording, I would
do so on an Olympus.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx