[access-uk] Re: USB TV sticks

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "dudleym" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 16:02:09 +0100

Hi, I ordered one today, arriving tommorrow.

As for activating the speech, can you elaborate. Are the keys you are talking about on the remote or the stick itself, and can you describe where they are?

Anything else you think may help me set up the stick will be appreciated, I have no sight at all and wondered if there was any documentation as to help blind people set up for the first time. Do I have to plug it into the TV and or can I set it up seperately?

Thanks
Martin

pete gurney recently said:-

hi Martin,

it's really easy to activate the voice on the fire stick, all you have
to do is press and hold down the back and menu keys at the same time for
a couple of seconds.
the stick will start talking and it takes you through a short tutorial.
when using it it has the equivelent of say the Jaws cursor if you want to read around the screen without actually moving from the thing your on, and you activate this by just holding down the menu key for a couple of seconds and then do the same to exit this mode.
it has it's own equivelent of an app store where you can choose things to install like the terrestrial tv channel apps but you can't get them directly from the play store, and i don't know if you can side load any apps as i haven't needed to do this.

pete.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq