[access-uk] Re: USB TV sticks

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "dudleym" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 08:25:33 +0100

Hi

Got my new 4k stick. fired it up and pressed the two buttons for speech and it worked, I could then set up the stick with no problems.

All I have to do now is find out how to work it, ie. finding films with audio description.

Martin

pete gurney recently said:-

hi steve,

my older version of the fire stick did as well, but for some reason this
new one didn't.
it must be because they have made a new operating system for it.
this new system is ment to have a lot of improvements in it, this is the first fire tv device to have it.
it has now allowed me to update my fire cube to this system and even that was a problem at first.
when i turned the cube on it came up straight away wanting to install the new system, but it wanted me to do it as if it was a new device and although i could turn the speech on i got to a screen where it wanted you to select something and you couldn't do it with the speech.
i got fed up of trying so powered the cube down and then plugged the power back in and it started up on the old system so i went to update in settings and this time it didn't act like it was a new device and the upgrade to the new system went smoothly.
i know this new system is on the new stick, available for the cube and will be on the new 4k stick that is coming out in january, but i don't know if it is available for older sticks.

pete.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq