[access-uk] Re: Thanks for info on SmartVision

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 10:52:07 +0100

Hi Clive

I haven't seen either of these new devices working, so can't really comment
on them.  I have only listened to Steve demonstrating Telorion, and what I
heard impressed me very much.  I have read some of the Telorion
documentation, and I do have a picture in my mind of what it does.  But, as
I stated in another post and to Steve in conversation, it would be
disappointing to shell out £560 for Telorion on a Galaxy S3 if Telorion is
only going to have a short shelf life.  I guess that is the same with all
technology to an extent, but when I think back to how much so many of us
spent on K-NFB Reader, it became a real disappointment.  And if you consider
it really only scanned for a lot more money, whereas Telorion does a lot of
other stuff, you may see where I am coming from.  However, that doesn't stop
my interest in it because that's just the way I am! (smile).

As for Kapten GPS, no I don't like it.  I wouldn't be the biggest GPS fan
anyway, and while the most recent generation of Kapten Mobility is far
better than its predecessor, I think it is very expensive for what it does.

Just my own personal thoughts mind, others may love using it, and the phone
concept might also be a winner!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace