[access-uk] Re: Thanks for info on SmartVision

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 01:40:12 +0200 (CEST)

Steve,

Sounds hopeful, and let's hope it does get fixed. It looks like too good a
package to spoil for a ha'porth of tar.

Vince.

Message Received: May 12 2014, 10:23 AM
From: "Steve Nutt"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Thanks for info on SmartVision

Hi Vincent,

Did you also hear the update though?  The headphones issue only occurs on the
S3, not the S4 Mini at all.  The S3 will be sorted with that issue once we have
a stable version of the Cyanogen Mod ROM which Telorion is based on.  It will
get fixed though I'm sure.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
From: "Clive Pallett"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Thanks for info on SmartVision

Hello Jackie,

Thank you very much for posting the link for the SmartVision phone. I see it
is running on android 4.0, which, by the way, is an older version than
Telorion currently supports.

As for Telorion, my wife Moray and I first saw this demonstrated at the sight
Matters exhibition run by KAB in folkestone last September. We were
immediately impressed and Moray bought her Galaxy S4 Mini last month. She has
some sight, so uses Zoom, the magnification part of Telorion. I have used Vox
with the keypad with some success, but I need to get used to typing on the
screen through the holes which is quite different from using a physical
keypad.

From the short demonstration I heard about the SmartVision phone I am
wondering if I may find this easier to use than a phone running Telorion.
Also, the price is £495, a little less than a Telorion phone.

From your comments, Jackie, I take it you are not impressed with the Kapten
GPS products, and smartvision uses voice recognition as one means to control
the phone's features. Telorion also has voice recognition but you must be
connected either through a wireless network or your phone's network to use it.
We have had some fun with Moray's phone with some interesting results.

I will keep my options open for now, but as Moray already has a phone running
Telorion, I think at the end of the day I will go with that, bearing in mind
it is frequently updated, all updates are free and there are plans to support
newer phones and later versions of Android.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett