[access-uk] Re: Printer/Scanner

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:21:31 +0100

A very good point, Robert.  I bought my last HP Tri Colour
cartridge printer about 4 years ago, and now only look at
ones which have separate colour ink tanks.

My wife has a Brother all-in-one, colour printer, copier,
fax and scanner, and we have been very happy with it. =20

It's quite valid to say that a multi-function device is
risky in the sense of it possibly breaking down, but these
days they are infinitely more reliable than say 4 or 5 years
ago when they were being introduced.  As I travel up around,
I am seeing more and more major hotels using all-in-ones on
reception.  I think that speaks volumes.

Accessibility is an issue, and as someone here mentioned a
Lexmark, and if that fits the bill, then go for it.

George. =20

Stokes
> Sent: 17 October 2004 16:07
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Printer/Scanner
>=20
> Hi Simon,
>=20
> Another one to add to the list. One thought though. How
much=20
> do the printer cartridges cost? I've got an HP 690C
printer=20
> and the cartridges cost an arm and a leg!
>=20
> Best.
>=20
> Robert.
printer=20
> scanner and=20
> photo coppier all in one and have no problems in using it.
> hth
>   ----- Original Message -----=20
from=20
> Dell. He is=20
> also
>   in the market for a printer and scanner and is
considering=20
> getting one of
>   the machines that will do both jobs. Is anyone on the
list=20
> using one of
>   these and id so are they any good? Do they present any
problems for=20
> someone
>   who is totally blind and can they be used continuously,
for=20
> example when
>   scanning books?
>=20
>   Best.
>=20
>   Robert.
>=20
>   ** To leave the list, send a message to:-
>   ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   ** and in the Subject line type
>   ** unsubscribe
>   ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to
>   ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq
>=20
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to
>=20
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to=20
>=20

=0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.