[access-uk] Re: National Library: Audio books in synthetic speech trial

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 19:01:21 +0100

I disliked it. I was on the trial and I felt completely powerless.

It would be far better if talking book players had built in speech synthesizers. That way you could control the book properly. I kept having the urge to go back and listen to a word again if I didn't quite catch it, but of course I couldn't because it was synthetic speech in an audio file.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maggie norton" <maggie.norton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>