[access-uk] Re: National Library: Audio books in synthetic speech trial

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:43:50 +0100

I've been a book courier user now for about 18 months and have never
found the Doubletalk speech a problem.  The speed of reading it allows
is fantastic and its relative blandness means that it's quite easy to
superimpose other voices on to it.  For example, I'm currently reading
a\ Nicci French thriller which is told in the female first person voice.
When I'm reading the courier's Big Bob voice is easily pushed to one
side in favour of an imagined female one.