[access-uk] Re: National Library: Audio books in synthetic speech trial

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:04:18 +0100

well now that we have listenable synthesised speech that isn't too intrusive I'd agree with you, but five years ago I don't think it was really of an acceptable quality for reading literature. Also remember that a lot of older blind people have hearing difficulties, and might never have used a computer with a speech synthesiser before.

James
----- Original Message ----- From: "Angel" <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>