[access-uk] Re: Kindle Keyboard - How To Read A Book

  • From: Alfred King <alfredking10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:27:45 -0000

David thank you so much for this.  I am up and running now and have enjoyed 10%
of one book.  Fascinating to  be able to have a book off the shelf so to speak.
 The voice has taken some 10-15 minutes to tune in to but now I am not finding
it a major issue.  Pity there is not a slightly longer pause between paragraphs
at least.  Now one question or clarification as the case may be.  Using the
spacebar I can pause the book.  I had not returned to it for some minutes then
I heard the Kindle say screen saver.  Some seconds later I went to it to
reactivate/wake it up but this necessitated me turning on again as far as I
could tell.  I moved the on/off switch to the right for a few seconds and then
the book resumed.  Now to my question, during this period of sleep, is the
battery being used or has the machine in effect turned off?  I have naturally
paused the Kindle for some seconds using the spacebar and recommenced and tht
was just fine.  It was leaving it for some 5-10 minutes that had caused this
sleep action.