[access-uk] my broadband connection problem

  • From: "Spring Flower" <spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:43:12 -0000

hiya guys

for about six weeks now i've been having connection problems, we had an
engineer out who managed to make the problem worse by leaving the filter off.

now for the first time i've just caught the info down on the system tray tool
bar telling me that the computer i guess it is is finding a connection, what on
earth can be causing it to keep on dropping out, i assume that's what the
finding connection means, its the computer finding a connection to the router,
i'm having the same connection problems on my vaio as well as this netbook and
mum's toshiba, we've tried a new router, new filter, we've given the computers
static ip addresses and changed the channel on the router from auto to six and
we're still having the same problem. the computers can see a talk talk wifi
network which i assume is my neighbours, we did wonder if hers was messing up
mine but its no different now the channel's changed. so i'm looking for ideas.
we are having a new phone socket fitted on friday as the one the router's in
now which is the main one in to the house is broken, the slidey thing's missing
from it.

so i'm baffled so any ideas welcome

trace