[access-uk] ISP providers

  • From: "phil stephenson" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:28:28 -0000

 Hi,

Due to an upcoming house move I am looking at what internet / phone service
provider I use.

I'm currently with Tiscali on their combined phone & broadband package and
have been with them for over 2 years without any problems although I do note
from some online comparisons I've done they're not the best for the actual
download speed you can get, customer service etc.

The other 2 companies I am thinking about is the new o2 package which as an
o2 pay-monthly customer gives me up to 8mb download speed for £7.50 per
month or Sky with their combined tv, broadband and phone package.

I guess my question is what experiences (positive and negative) people have
of sky and o2 and if they're any other providers people would recommend?

I do have a few essentials however like an unlimited download allowance and
keeping the phone line rental with Bt as it's a rented property we're going
into.

I await your valued feedback as ever!

many thanks,

Phil