[access-uk] Re: ISP providers

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:17:03 -0000

Hi Phil

I suppose if you are used to Tiscali then maybe going with them is better the
devil you know?

I've never gone with any ISP phone packages combined with broadband because we
have to have a BT line to use ADSL in any case, and have never seen the point
in changing to make what might not ultimately be cheaper calls.  We have the BT
Option 3 package which lets you make 01 and 02 calls free for up to 60 minutes
24 hours a day, with discounts to international destinations and UK mobiles.

Sky do provide their bills for both TV and broadband in Braille, together with
any other transactions you make with them such as replacement remote controls
or a new receiver etc.

I think all ISPs have their ups and downs in regard to speed connection,
drop-out etc, and the whole thing is a minefield that is deliberately meant to
confuzzle if you ask me (smile).

I hope you manage to find something you like, or re-locate happily with
Tiscali.  I see they are advertising on TV and radio for a package costing
£6.49 a month for, again, the "up to" 8MB speed and evening and weekend calls.
They don't intimate a download cap though.

Jackie