[access-uk] Re: DVD recorders

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:34:10 -0000

Mo, here's that message again about my initial experience in the Panasonic shop:

Hi all -

I spent some time today in a Panasonic store with a very helpful sales guy, and have discovered that many of their DVD recorders are accessible, after some initial sighted help, including the 769, mentioned in a thread on this list.

Having tried it for myself, I was able to select the channel, the date, the start and end times, and AD, and after the recording, was able to play it back too.

One great feature with several--can't say all models--is the ability to record the AD when carried by a programme; the models that are able to do this, all have a built-in hard drive, this feature isn't available on disc only machines.

So, if you feel able to learn some pretty strait forward key sequences using a remote, then these Panasonic machines seem a great way to go. There may well be other manufacturers offering the same kind of accessibility, but Panasonic is the one I have checked out; but I am aware of a Toshiba model that does the same.

HTH -

Andy

Virus Database (VPS): 100121-0, 21/01/2010
Tested on: 21/01/2010 17:53:23

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maureen Dyer" <md012a9716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>