[access-uk] DVD recorders

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:48:20 -0000

Hi all -

I spent some time today in a Panasonic store with a very helpful sales guy, and
have discovered that many of their DVD recorders are accessible, after some
initial sighted help, including the 769, mentioned in a thread on this list.

Having tried it for myself, I was able to select the channel, the date, the
start and end times, and AD, and after the recording, was able to play it back
too.

One great feature with several--can't say all models--is the ability to record
the AD when carried by a programme; the models that are able to do this, all
have a built-in hard drive, this feature isn't available on disc only machines.

 So, if you feel able to learn some pretty strait forward key sequences using a
remote, then these Panasonic machines seem a great way to go. There may well be
other manufacturers offering the same kind of accessibility, but Panasonic is
the one I have checked out; but I am aware of a Toshiba model that does the
same.

HTH -

Andy