[access-uk] DVD recorders

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:33:19 -0000

Hi,

As my VCR is nearing the end of its life, I feel it is probably about time I
ventured into the world of dvd.  Anyone who read of my struggles yesterday
using dvd audio extractor on the pc will know that I am no technology
expert, but I usually get to where I need to go in the end.  So, has anyone
got any good ideas about a reasonably accessible dvd recorder?  I would like
one which would enable me to set up timer recordings if possible, and of
course find the AD track on films with that facility.  If anyone is using a
model they particularly like, preferably one that may still be on the
market, please let me know.

Is there any chance that my Cobolt talking tv remote control would work with
a dvd recorder?  I think I know the answer to that already.  Tomorrow I am
going to look at a friend's dvd, and that is a Pioneer.  He is not visually
impaired, but it might give me some idea as to how useable it is.

Any thoughts from anyone would be much appreciated.

David