[access-uk] Re: DVD recorders

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:07:17 -0000

Hi Carol -

I found it strait forward; if you've made several recordings to the hard drive,
then pressing the menu button, with sighted help initially to note how many
presses of the arrow keys get you to the desired function, and press ok, then
you find the last recording is highlighted and pressing ok will play it, but
you can arrow back through previous recordings--what's actually on the screen,
is a number of windows, one for each recording, giving details of that
programme--each press of the arrow key plays the start of the recording it is
on, so you can hear if it's the one you want to select, and press ok to play it.

The 769 is also a Freeview receiver; it's priced anywhere between £214-£299.

It's probable that I am going to buy one of these machines after the weekend,
so if anybody has any further questions I'll do my best to help; I think I've
been fortunate to find a very helpful sales guy in a Panasonic only shop,
unlike some, he didn't try to fob me off, he listened and respected the
knowledge I already had, and with his, and a read of the instructions, and a
hands on experience, we arrived at the point where I feel comfortable this is
going to be a success; I just want to establish one more thing before I buy,
which is can I hook it up to my current home cinema set up.

HTH

Andy