[access-uk] Accessible Podcaster

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 16:08:38 +0100

I have been trying out the free Accessible Podcaster available from
www.webbie.org.uk.

Although basic, I think that it would meet my present very limited
needs, but I have noticed one problem and would be interested to know
whether this is peculiar to my system or can be reproduced by others.

I used it to save the MP3 of yesterday's  ACBradio Main Menu to my
HD.   As soon as the download started I lost speech from Hal and even
Narrator worked only intermittently.  There was no way of following the
progress of the download, so I left it for a considerable time and was
pleased to find the required file ready for use.

I had considered the IPodder 2.0 but the program from Manchester is
much simpler and easier to use.

Comments from anyone else who has tried it would be much
appreciated.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison