[56raf_firebirds] Re: Cina's graphics setting in BOX

  • From: "tim foster" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "silverwings.stickz" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:07:03 +0000

Took me 5minutes to spot the one you ringed. All this without any zoom. It is very dependent on how far my head is away from the screen. I can see another similarly co-alt just about 30deg from the wing light, or 3 inches to left of ring centre. But I only see it again by moving my head the correct distance. Which unfortunately is at least a foot nearer the screen than I normally use.  Shall have to retry at some time with both lenses in to see the difference. Not sure but I think there may also be another quite close but lower than the second - nearer 45deg angle from light housing. But only have to move my head 2 inches and it goes (or blink - lens follows eye lid and I have to wait 2-3seconds for it to reseat). Guess its where my good eye lens is focussed to enable me to read rather than best distance vision.
Guess its why I bomb things and rely on you lot to spot planes.
And its funny whilst sitting here for 10minutes write this, I can no longer see the one 3inches to left - so perhaps a mark on screen or I cant get the sweet spot.
I remember someone doing something similar to clod and I did much better. Perhaps I will alter your mission for bigger plane.

TTFN
Stickz

On 20/11/2019 13:20, klem56 (Redacted sender klem56 for DMARC) wrote:

Cina/Guys,

I have set my graphics to exactly what Cina uses. It doesn't seem to help at all. I used the attached mission in which there are Spitfires from 3km to 10km at 1km intervals in front ranging from 10 o'clock (3km) through to 1 o'clock (10km). I start the mission and leave it on autopilot. I look around immediately and the only one I can see is 3km away at about 9:30 o'clock. It is a very small dot just a few pixels (I've attached a jpg of it). If I zoom in I can just see the one at about 10:30, 4km away. btw Speed should be 200mph.

In the attached screenshot I have circled the 3km a/c. Cina I'd be grateful if you could run the mission and send me a screenshot of what you see, especially in the 9 through 12 o'clock view.

Thanks guys,

klem

--
if you dont live life on the edge you are taking up too much space