[24hoursupport] Re: XP SP2

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:48:20 -0700

Hi Barry,
I had problems when I was running the XPSP2 Beta.

I had followed MS's advice and set it up for auto download and install.
A Windows Update automaticaly installed itself and did not disable my AV
program or Firewall which resulted in major problems.

Did the automatic install of the final XPSP2 disable your AV and firewall
during installation?

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 8/18/2004 at 11:53 AM Barry Cornford wrote:

It is now out
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-
8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en>

And it installed automatically without any problems