[24hoursupport] Re: XP SP2

  • From: "William B. Lurie" <billurie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:38:10 -0400

Thanks, Mike. It was nice of Microsoft to recognize that some people
might want to retain control of their own machines, and provided
that "temporary" disabling software. It makes one wonder whether
that will leave the machine permanently safe from having things
downloaded and installed.

And, incidentally, going to that link took me to a Microsoft
page saying..................that download page is unavailable,
go elsewhere....... like Catch-22....

I think my extra cautious attitude is saving me from more headaches,
and I'll just watch and wait for the time being.

       Bill Lurie