[24hoursupport] Re: XP SP2

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:20:52 +1000

Hi Barry,
I had problems when I was running the XPSP2 Beta.

I had followed MS's advice and set it up for auto download and install.
A Windows Update automaticaly installed itself and did not disable my AV
program or Firewall which resulted in major problems.

Did the automatic install of the final XPSP2 disable your AV and firewall
during installation?

A:    I downloaded the Full Version and installed from it
        Yes, I disabled Firewall & Virus Scanner
        I don't believe in installing Beta Versions of programs unless it is
on a separate machine