[24hoursupport] Re: WinXP Pro at startup

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:03:53 -0400

Sorry, no direct emails from this list.  It's pointless anyway since you
should be receiving the group email directly anyway.  I wish you would
have posted before you re-installed Windows XP.  You probably would have
had the "repair" option explained and suggested.  As it is, it sounds as
though you did a side install to a different directory instead of
installing on top of the existing one.  This has created two
installations with a boot.ini to choose the one you want.  Personally
I'd suggest you back up your data, reformat your drive and do a clean
installation.  Make sure you have proper drivers for all your hardware
before proceeding.  Do this by visiting the websites of any periphial
devices you have and download the current drivers.  Save them as a back
up and use them when you re-install

Spider