[24hoursupport] Re: WinXP Pro at startup

  • From: Lene Pagsuguiron <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Spider, I only requested that I get a direct email (CC: to me) b/c it looks
like it takes a while for the emails to be posted in the freelists site and I
would have to wait a day for the digest.  I just changed my options so I get
emails.   I saw the repair option when I ran the CD, but thought I should just
do another full installation.  I think you are right in that I must have
mistakenly chosen the wrong partition for XP.  I don't know how long a reformat
would take, but I did my third reinstallation in 3 days b/c it kept locking up
on me.  I also bought another Firewire card b/c I thought the other one I used
was the problem.  Or at least the MusicMatch software.  I also spent about 20
minutes trying to clean the fan and heatsink (?) b/c it was loaded with dust
and I thought that maybe that was the cause. I was wondering how to find out
how many watts your power supply is?