[24hoursupport] Re: WinXP Pro at startup

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:46:41 -0400

Yes, you can re-format as you do the installation as long as you read
the screens carefully as you install.  I would think twice about using
the NTFS file system.  Use it only if you need file level security.  The
reason is that it is more difficult to access data on an NTFS drive
should you have operating system problems.  With FAT you can use Win95
or 98 boot disks and access from DOS.  You only have a more difficult to
use recovery console with NTFS.