[24hoursupport] WinXP Pro at startup

  • From: Lene Pagsuguiron <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 02:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

I was having problems with winxp so I reinstalled it w/o formatting.
Everything seems okay, I installed avg and zonealarm and am still testing to
see if the computer keeps locking up (the mouse doesn't even move, i have to
manually shut down).  My idea is that it was the firewire card, so I took that
out, but the computer was still freezing up, that's why I reinstalled windows.

Thing is, I get a prompt to pick from two of the same operating system, but my
old configuration is still there.  How do I get rid of that?  The one I want to
use is the first one, the other one is the old config.  It's not a huge
problem, just a minor annoyance.

BTW, it would be great if someone emailed me directly.  Thanks!