[24hoursupport] Two Strange Problems

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:47:23 -0600

Two seemingly unrelated problems/questions to ask this evening.

First, when I click Start/Turn Off Computer/Restart my machine has begun=
 shutting down instead. This is Windows XP Professional;, all latest=
 updates. I don't turn my machine off, usually, and since moving to Windows=
 XP I don't reboot nearly as often as I used to. Therefore I can't=
 correlate this behavior beginning with anything else I might have done. I=
 first noticed it a week or so ago, and the first time it happened I=
 thought I just hit the wrong button. I now know, that ain't the problem.

Second, I had ZoneAlarm give me a weird alert tonight, the first time I=
 tried to open Internet Explorer. It asked if Object: 5000089b (or some=
 such number) could access the Internet, and said that it had access the=
 Internet before. I told it no, and IE could not connect. I rebooted -- see=
 my first question :) -- and when Windows came back up all was well again.=
 What the heck is Object: 5000089b (or whatever)? Sounds suspicious to me.

Thanks for any insights,

Ron