[24hoursupport] Hackers?

  • From: "Jerry" <postcards1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:43:33 -0500

I don't know if anyone can help here.  I was billed on my local phone bill for
a long distance carrier I have never heard of and never signed up for.  I
called them and they said I signed up on Nov 19th and the installation was made
on Jan 27 for a total of $11.50.  They said they had my email, my Mother's
maiden name etc and they would not credit back the fees.  I called my local
phone company - Sprint - and they said they would put the charges on dispute
and gave me 30 days to get it resolved.  If I don't get it resolved and don't
pay it - Sprint says they would turn my phone off.

Who can I complain to about this if I don't get this resolved with the LD
company - VOX Populi - ?

On Oct 30th only a few days earlier I was charged $75 and sent a bill for a
porno download and my phone nr was used.  I got this resolved - that is why I
think it is hackers.

How can I prevent something like this from happening in the future?  Is this
what a Fire Wall does?

appreciate any help here

Jerry A