[24hoursupport] Re: Virus? Worm?

  • From: Lethier <ljethier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:15:51 -0700

Blacklisting using outlook rules works but it very time consuming. The
spammers are forever changing the wording in the from line (so blacklisting
by sender does not always work) and they frequently change the part after
the "@" symbol as well (making blaklisting by domain difficult). I also find
that blocking spammers by key words in the subject also increases the
likelyness of missing legitimate email. Using a combination of all the above
to create rules can also be frustrating. I have not tried mailwasher, so
thanks and I will try it. I hope it simplifies the task of cleaning the
inbox because I to am frustrated with the amount of spam. If I did not want
it yesterday, what makes the spammers think I want it today?

Lethier