[24hoursupport] Re: Stuck at the blue screen, help!

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:27:36 -0400

If that is the case, then the first thing I would do is try to boot to
safe mode.  When you see the white bar going across the bottom of the
black screen during the boot, hit F8 and choose safe mode.  If it boots
to safe mode, right click on My Computer and click on Manage.  Click on
Device Manager.  What devices do you have that might be trying to load a
driver?  (scanners, cameras etc)  Try disabling them for diagnostics
purposes.  Also, reload your video driver while you are in safe mode.
If that stuff works, then re-enable any devices you disabled one at a
time between reboots.  If none of this works, get out your Windows 2000
CD and run a repair.  You do this by booting to the CD and running setup
as if it were a new install.  Skip by the first repair option and choose
the option that would indicate you intend to reinstall.  Then look for
another repair option within the next few screens and choose the SECOND
repair option.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1