[24hoursupport] Re: Old problem revisited

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mike <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:04:15 -0600

M> Just a though do you have it granted permission through your firewall?

M> I'm not good on networking either,  I rely on my archives to figure things
M> out.

Hi Mike,

Both machines are running Zone Alarm Pro, and both installations have
the internal LAN defined as Trusted. I don't know if there is
something else I need to do in ZA.

I can see my main computer from the other machine, but I can't see any
resources on it. When I try to browse the computer, it says that I
have not been given the necessary permissions and to contact my system
administrator. Urk. Well, that incompetent boob can't seem to get it
figured out lol

I've tried re-running the network configuration wizard on both
machines. No change.

Thanks,

Ron