[24hoursupport] Re: Old problem revisited

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 04:31:04 -0500

Ron,
The fact that you are getting prompted for a password is good.  That means
the printer is being seen on the network.  On the machine that has the
printer attached to it, if you do not have a user account already created
for yourself, do so.  Do not use a blank password.  Put that account in the
admin group.  Now go to the other PC and map the printer.  When you get the
login box, use the computer name\username (main\rallen) and whatever
password you just set.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm