[24hoursupport] Re: Floppy Drive not working

  • From: "Ewen Howe" <ewenhowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:52:53 +0900

Hi, A~J

I am not a experienced computer geek of any kind, but I had had the same
problem as you with my new desktop back some 10 months ago. It was a very
strange problem since it looks like simple and my FD was a new one. I asked
a help to various MLs but was not as lucky as you who have got helpful
about this problem and the solution sounded strange too, but it did work and
the FD has never got any problem at all since then.

Solution: Open you PC's case ( or FD housing, if possible or not a desktop)
and loosen a little bit the screws that immobize the FD on the 3.5" bay.
That's it! I was not sure if the it was due to missalignment of FD, but I
realize now from the words of Ron that it is very likely caused by a
physical deshape to the FD. My previous PC case design had only two 3.5"
bays, hence the the HD must be fixed next to the FD, I found the heating of
the HD also affect the functionality of FD. So, I modifed the 3.5" bays (now
I changed a PC case) making th HD away from FD. Since then the FD problem
has completely gone.

Hope this help a little!

Ewen