Re: XY4 on Mac Mini in Boxer

  • From: Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 00:54:29 -0400

Hmmm. I sent an email but I don't see it here. Short version: U2 works. Tested briefly, but the things that don't work in NB 10 do work in Boxer. But in other ways, Boxer is unusable (at least on my system). For instance, keystrokes don't appear for several seconds, then a rush of them appears. Couldn't figure a way to CAll a file that's outside the virtual drive you set up.

My evaluation was: like vDos and DOSBox, these emulators can't hold a candle to something like Parallels. But Win 7 32 bit (with Tame) is miles better.

Reply to note from "Lisa Kleinholz" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(Redacted sender "lkleinholz@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) Tue, 13 May 2014
09:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

Lisa:

> I haven't tried U2 in this set up. When I do, I'll report.

And I'll be interested to hear. Many thanks for the detailed
account.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx