Re: XY4 on Mac Mini in Boxer

  • From: Fred Weiner <fw1948@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: XyWrite List <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:57:08 -0700

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wouldn't a sensible system a) mount all your operative drives, and b)
> mount them with the same drive names they normally have (including C:)

​Keep in mind that these emulators are made for gamers, who hardly need
access to their whole host system. For that matter, I don't either; since I
use it only for XY, access to all of its files plus those I create makes
for the core of my system; I also mount the Mac desktop, as I've said, so I
can save my XY out put there (for printing, editing with other programs,
attaching to emails and so on). On the Mac hard drive my XY system is
accessible in Finder so it can be manipulated from there. Some of the
things that U2 has automated for Windows systems I have to do by hand, but
it's a small price to pay for being able to use XY on my Mac.​
​