Re: OT: In Praise of Dos-Based Word Processors

  • From: J R FOX <jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

And I just missed it.  Couldn't afford what a computer cost at that time, so I
skipped the Kaypro etc. generation.  (8" floppies, right ?  Just like our ICBM
silos are still using.)  Kept on writing with an electric typewriter for a few
more
years, finally getting on board with computers when Zenith came out with their
version of the XT.  (That wasn't cheap either, in 1980s dollar terms.)

   Jordan

 Subject: Re: OT: In Praise of Dos-Based Word Processors
 To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 9:50 PM

 I miss CP/M.

 > Wordstar on DOS? I thought the CP/M version was better.
 I don't suppose anyone has done a CP/M emulator ? ? Not that
 I would ever go back - - XyWrite is a million times better.
 Oh, those awful italics in early Wordstar, where you always
 missed the turn-off code!