[Wittrs] Re: Consciousness and Quantum Mechanics

  • From: "gabuddabout" <gabuddabout@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 22:54:43 -0000

--- In WittrsAMR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "iro3isdx" <wittrsamr@...> wrote:

> --- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gabuddabout" <wittrsamr@> wrote:
>

> > Philosophy is easy. The hard problem is called such for a reason.
>
> Philosophy is mostly a compendium of fairy tales.  The hard problem  is
> hard because it does not fit with the accepted plot lines.
>
> Regards,
> Neil

I'm confused.  Are you offering that anything you say is to be interpreted as
part of a fairy tale?  Or are you advancing a thesis as to why the hard problem
doesn't fit with the accepted plot lines of a fairy tale with accepted plot
lines?

Or are you wanting to hedge what you say by allowing that as serious as you can
get, you are always with the fairy tale ace in the hole such that when the dirt
flies you can say, "Just kidding!"?

Thanks to the group for all the amazing replies to my riff!

Cheers,
Budd