[wisb] UW Arboretum, Madison, Dane County

  • From: "Charles Henrikson" <ckhenrikson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:57:34 -0600

The birding at the UW Arboretum this afternoon was mostly very quiet but
then, in a 15 minute window of time, I had three great birds!

The Great Blue Heron that I've been seeing quite regularly at the Big Spring
flew in as I at the viewing area.  I'm curious to see if it will stay all
winter.

At the Wingra parking lot a Pileated Woodpecker flew over going west to
east.  I hadn't seen one at the arb since last May or June.  (Finally
Aaron!)

In the pinetum of Longenecker Gardens I saw a Yellow-rumped Warbler in the
cedars.  That's exactly where we saw one on December 17 for the Madison CBC.
Will it also stay the whole winter?

My eBird report is appended below.

Good birding to all,

Chuck Henrikson