[wisb] Re: Lapland Longspur at Bradford Beach in Milwaukee

  • From: <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 2:23:29 +0000

They may take a little longer to get to the southeast part of the state. When I
am at Jaegerfest, people who know and can hear their flight call report them
from the beach, and I've occasionally seen them at that time. I don't see them
again until October, although I see from "Explore Data" that ebirders find them
during the last week of September in our area. I met Margo as she was leaving
Lake Park yesterday and when she told me about the longspur, I was quite
surprised. It doesn't seem like longspur weather yet.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County