[wisb] Leucistic Hummingbird in Columbia County

  • From: Kathi Johnson Rock <kathijr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:46:33 -0700 (PDT)

There is a Leucistic Ruby-throated hummingbird (sex undetermined) coming to a
feeder in the rural Poynette area.  It visits numerous feeders in the area, so
is seen only intermittently by the homeowner.
Photographs can be viewed at:

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/mjrock/web/

If you interested in trying to see this bird, please e-mail me privately for
more information.

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin
Zone 4/5
e-mail: kathijr@xxxxxxxxx
website: http://mywebspace.wisc.edu/mjrock/web

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)