[windows2000] Re: Why isn't everyone being forced to change their pass

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:56:06 -0700

From: "Rod Falanga" <rjfalanga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Chris,
I am interested in this MTR-3006, or any other auto generating password
program you can tell me about.  What are they?

MTR-3006 passwords are prounounceable non-words created using digraphs.

How are they used?

Just like any other password, just easier to remember

Where do I get them?

http://www.multicians.org/thvv/gpw.html http://www.haxial.com/products/xyzzy/

What do they cost?

Well, I recommended them, so of course they're free, you know I never have any budget, hehe.

If anyone is interested I've also written a Java applet that does password scoring. It's my first Java program so the code is a bit nasty looking but it works well for me, it can also generate passwords with containing a specified number and type of characters.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Conciousness: that annoying time between naps."