[windows2000] Re: Why isn't everyone being forced to change their pass

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:17:50 -0600

Yes, Chris, I am serious.  It has never been the policy here to change
passwords or enforce it.  Indeed, it has been common practice (I don't know
if I would go so far as to say "policy", but one might say that) to have the
IS staff know everyone's passwords.  When I instituted this password change
policy (through AD), I also said that IS would no longer keep track of
passwords.

Of course, there has been complaint about this policy change, and although
you might find this strange, the biggest complaint has been from my own IT
staff; especially one person.  She feels it her God given right to know all
things, about all people, at all times; and I have now changed that.  She is
extremely unhappy with this and takes every opportunity to complain and jab
at me about it.  Unfortunately, I have to put up with it.

Rod