[windows2000] Re: Porn Crazy Users!

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:35:47 -0700

From: "Durbin, Jeff" <jdurbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I've been hired to migrate the company to AD and Exchange 2000. Yes, I'm
working on a client's system. Yes, the employees are downloading porn.
I've been asked by the network administrator for advice on how to
eliminate the users-downloading-porn problem. I don't have the power to
fire anyone (nor does the network manager).

Three big questions:

1) Is there any budget available for this or does it have to be free?
2) Are Linux solutions acceptable?
3) Can it be per machine, or does it have to be by AD or some other identifier such as a password?

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Conciousness: that annoying time between naps."

Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus