[windows2000] Porn Crazy Users!

  • From: "Durbin, Jeff" <jdurbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:16:28 -0700

 I just upgraded a customer's domain to AD, which, obviously, requires
internal DNS for name resolution. So, all the computers on the network
point to an internal server for DNS, which, in turn, will forward
unresolved requests to the ISP's DNS servers.
  The problem I have stems from the fact that the administrator of the
domain has been restricting Internet access by not allowing DNS
resolution (i.e., no DNS servers specified on the workstations). Now
that DNS is a requirement, the users all get Internet access, and
they've gone crazy downloading porn. I realize that they are commercial
products to control Internet access, but does anyone have any cheap/easy
idea for solving the problem?

Thanks,

JD