[vicsireland] Re: dictionaries.

  • From: Melanie Pelka <melanie.pelka4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 12:54:39 +0200

Hi Damien,

You probably know this already and I admit it doesn't present a very good
solution to your problem, but what I have found helpful when I was studying
Spanish was to work with STRG+F. This search function allows you to open an
edit field in which you can type, for example, the next word in your list.
Let's say your word begins with the letter C, followed by E, then you could
jump with this function of JAWS to the words with c and e and insert it there.
Does that make sense? However, if your list is so long that you are not sure
which could be the closest word to the one you want to insert, then this is not
a good idea.

What you could do as well--but only if you have the words written down in a
table with the Irish ones and the English ones separated--is to write them all
down as they come and to get them into an alphabetical order later.

Hope it helps.

Melanie

Melanie Pelka
13 Domville Grove