(VICT) Re: question

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:27:50 -0500

Smile Lisa, I was that way once, and then I thought of those things.  These
dogs are not robots, they do not do their jobs because we demand that they
do, they do it because they want to.  And the day that they don't want to
well sometimes having a back up is in order.  Judson my first dog, had been
giving me some not so subtle hints it was time to hang up the harness.  O.k.
so maybe they were subtle, i don't take hints well.  So he figured some more
dramatic persusasion was in order.  So imagine.  I am trying to get back to
the Carroll Center for a week of work, and standing in the middle of a
subway platform in downtown Boston with Judson, and a rather large suitcase,
braillenote, and book bag.  Thankfully i had a cane.  Judson decides that
his arthritis is just to bad, and he isn't in no uncertain terms going to
walk up the stairs to get on the train that would take us to  Work.  So,
here I am with huge suitcase, book bag, braillenote guide dog, cane and
trying to get on the train.  We did make it to work and I promised that he
would never have to ride the trains again and I kept my promise.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of
their act as violence;
 rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
 The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever
committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)